Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Night the Lights Went Out In Odenville

Hello, followers! You know who you are.... *raised eyebrow*

For those of you who are burning up with curiosity....

***Drum Roll Please****

Missy was last week's mystery blogger! Your prize is on the way. Keep lookin'.

If you missed it, Friday night was way fun! And if you didn't miss it... well, it was still way fun but you already knew that. So why are you bothering me? Where was I???? ... Oh yeah. There were 8 beautiful broads here along with boat-loads of food.

Tonight's menu:

Mexican Vegetarian Dip
Taco Soup
Chicken and Pasta
Homemade Pizza
Salads
Homemade Cookies
and ...
Hershey's Chocolate Pie!!!
1 Bottle of wine.

Video of the Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikTxfIDYx6Q


Go ahead. Watch it. You know you want to. It's hilarious!



Websites of the Night: (It's a two for one special!)

http://itmademyday.com/

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/



Now onto the commentary.

Tonight we had to call it early because the Sharp Boys have football games in the morning. Rain or shine. Oh, Yeah. Good times. We listened to our smokin' good playlist, with the exception of the last song, which is totally the Baptist's fault; but I won't name names. We watched our video of the night. OH! And we watched the New Moon fanmade trailer that is over 6 minutes long and consists of all the released footage (plus some bootleg) that was rearranged in order. It was niiiccceee.



About halfway through the night the power went out and about a minute later Dave walked in. It looked for all the world like he got scared of the dark and came in search of Wendy. It was very entertaining. I'm not sure if he thought so. He hung out in the kitchen until Wendy told him it looked creepy for him to stand in the dark recesses drinking a beer and listening. He left and went to the store for ice. (unimportant detail given as a bonus.)

We lit candles, drank the rest of the lukewarm coffee, ate the pie and listened to the kids sing Viva La Vida on the front porch.

Main Topic of the Night:
The upcoming Christmas Bazaar at the church. 12 of the 26 booths are already reserved. (Yes, Virge and Michelle, you were counted.)

So, there you have it. Friday night in a nutshell. We missed you. You shoulda been here. Well, not Heather cause she's sick and we can't have her bringing her vile germs around us. But we did miss her nonetheless.

Got any suggestions for songs to add to the playlist? Leave us a comment. Got favorite videos or pictures? Send them in. Our new email address is fridaynightsreformed@gmail.com!

11 comments:

Virginia said...

Hooray for counting me for the Bazaar!!! :) :) :)

I'm thinking I might have more likelihood of coming on Friday nights once the baby is born. I will (surprisingly) have more energy once I'm not lugging around this huge stomach and its ensuing physical drains. I am looking forward to it. :)

Michelle said...

Dear Are You Kidding Me Blog,
I love you. You make me so happy :)

And YAY for the bazaar! I can't wait!

Missy said...

Where was the wine?
I never ever was offered, nor did see any wine.
Just cause I'm babtist doesn't mean I don't drink.

And thanks, Reba Macs song is going on in my head now.
I think I will add it to the play list.

TurtlesButterfly said...

Missy, I believe we forgot we had wine in all the power went out excitement. Crissy remembered we had it in the fridge sometime after you left. Sorry the Baptist rules kinda confuse Presbyterians...we never know how Baptist you really are. J/K. Also, your cookies were amazingly delicious.

heather said...

Sorry I wasn't there I know it was fun but not as fun without me. Just sayin'. I miss everyone bunches.

Anonymous said...

i need encouragement to do a booth...send me some vibes ya'll. i've never done anythnig like it so it's intimidating...

Crissy Sharp said...

*vibes*vibes*vibes*
Are you feelin' it Melissa?

Anonymous said...

no...

Missy said...

Jr, do it, or your Friday night priveledges will be revoked.
Hows that for vibes?

Michelle said...

Melissa, DO IT!!! It's so fun. I always feel inadequate but it's so fun. It really is. I would enjoy doing it just for the fun of it.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

I'm guessing the mystery writer for tonight was Melissa. (It's hard to guess since there was no attendance list.)

Sorry, I wasn't there. The hubby took us all out to the Leeds/St. Clair football game. It was loads o' fun!