Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 9, 2009

Ok. No mystery tonight. I, Crissy Sharp, am posting tonight. We had a slower night tonight. Fun but more low key. We'll take care of housekeeping first.

Menu:
Beef Skillet Fiesta
Chili
Chips and Salsa
Pumpkin Roll (Go Wendy!)
Coronas with lime
Coffee

Attendees:
Me (obviously)
Kim Poston
Wendy
Whitney
Heather Nold
and... drum roll...
Heather's friend Angie

Now onto the commentary: It was lovely meeting Angie. We've all heard about her before and now we have a face to go with the name. She was everything I expected a good friend of Heather's to be: friendly, witty, funny, etc. She made us laugh. (Angie, if you're reading this, I hope your flight was perfect... with or without the drugs.)


Our youtube clip of the night was chosen from the many that we watched. We laughed until we cried. We revisited some Brian Reagan clips that were particularly delightful. (ie. flying) But for the most part we watched Jim Gaffigan clips. A big shout out to KimHill for the FYI. So our clip of the night is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9c9lAfXQHs Watch and enjoy!

We didn't really discuss websites tonight; so no new websites. But you can always visit www.failblog.org if you're needing a fix. Keep the kiddies away until you've previewed.

Our phrase of the night was "Stand down wind." You just had to be here to appreciate it. But it covered everything from smells to cremated ashes. Good times.

It is now... lemme see... 11:30 pm. Whitney left over an hour ago. Heather and Angie have been gone for a few minutes. Kim just walked out the door. Wendy's headed that way. It's been a good day... Missed you if you weren't here! Come next week. Seriously.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Wendy and her pumpkin roll are on a roll. hahahahahahahah
OK, the beach is making me delirous.

Hello Angie. I am Heather's love. I hope to meet you someday.

I think stand down wind makes perfect sense.

OH, and next week? Think about that.

TurtlesButterfly said...

Yes Missy I am. I am also under strict orders from Kim to make the pumpkin roll every Friday night. I told her I would do that until January when it is no longer ok to make a pumpkin roll and my recipe must hibernate again until October.

Anonymous said...

Friday night when I finally collapsed from getting our freakin' behinds to the beach in one peice (unpacked and settled, FINALLY) I thought of my dear Friday night friends and felt a little tinge in my heart because I missed you. Then I looked out at the beautiful ocean and forgot you all..........sorry.

Seriously, I did think of you and kinda wished I could have taken you all with me. We need to do a girls weekend to the beach. It would be so fun!

TurtlesButterfly said...

Melissa, I'm in for a girls weekend to the beach! I'm in for the beach anytime really though. I LOVE the beach.